By popular demand, Rosatom – a Russian state corporation that specialises in nuclear energy – has moved the deadline for its 6th annual online video competition to the 15th of February.
Participants between the age of 18 and 35 living in African countries are encouraged to post their videos on Facebook, following the formal guidelines set out below and submit their applications to the email firstname.lastname@example.org or by the link to online submission form https://tinyurl.com/RosatomAfrica.
The top three winning videos will be selected by an independent expert panel observing various criteria including originality and creativity, overall quality of the video and content, and accuracy and relevance of technical content.
The makers of the top three videos will be rewarded with an all-expenses paid trip to Russia, where they will get the opportunity to visit several of the country’s world-renowned tourist attractions as well as various nuclear institutions and advanced nuclear facilities.
Jury members include representatives from nuclear enterprises such as ROSATOM, media practitioners like Influence Communications (Egypt) and regional nuclear NGOs Women in Nuclear South Africa (WinSA), African Young Generation in Nuclear (AYGN) and Nuclear Corporation of South Africa (NESCA).
Potential topics include: How nuclear technologies can assist in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in African nations; how non-power related nuclear science and technology can benefit countries or communities; myths and fears about nuclear and how to overcome them.
An individual or a team of one to three people are allowed to submit one application, and the video duration must not exceed 75 seconds.
Videos can be live action or animation, they must be in English or include English subtitles, and they can be shot on both professional camera equipment or with a smartphone.
Other guidelines include:
- The name(s) of the creator(s) and the name of the university (if so) must be written in the first frame of the video.
- The video must be published on Facebook with no restrictions on its visibility for any Facebook visitors.
- The post must tag @RosatomAfrica and @RosatomMENA Facebook page and contain hashtags: #Nucleardoesntwastetime, #AtomsforAfrica, #RosatomCompetition.
- No copyright violations (all videos should be compliant with Copyright and Rules for posting Content set up on Facebook).
- No harmful or offensive behaviour, discrimination of any kind. Be friendly and polite.
- Applicants must submit their applications before the deadline to the email email@example.com or by the link to the online submission form https://tinyurl.com/RosatomAfrica.